Education > Obeikan Laureate
Facts and Figures :
• Partnership was established between Obeikan and Laureate Education in 2008.
• The partnership in teaching curriculum is with Riyadh Polytechnic Institute (RPI).
• The programs begins in preparatory year and it is attended by trainees in Decision Intensive English language, Mathematics, Information Technology, learning skills and self-development.
• Provides 4 technical specialties and 4 administrative specialties for students.
• Riyadh Polytechnic Institute accommodates 900 students.
• Laureate provides educational solutions and services to more than 1 million student around the globe.
• Laureate Universities networks are more than 38 diffused in 20 countries around the globe.
This is the story of a partnership to support vocational education and society. A joint venture launched by Obeikan Investment Group (OIG) and Laureate provides academic activities to all students through the Riyadh Polytechnic Institute. This is an initiative launched by the Kingdom’s government to help meet the increasing need and demand for Saudis with industrial technological skills.
The remarkable success of this partnership resulted in 700 students being enrolled in the Riyadh Polytechnic Institute for the year 2012. Studying period is for 24 months, where after graduation the student is rewarded a diploma in technical or administrative specialities that qualifies him to be placed directly in a guaranteed decent job. It’s all about constructive and positive efforts to act with social responsibility, one of Obeikan Group’s priorities, to provide technical and vocational training for young Saudis for the benefit of the Saudi Society.